Special: Only $100 for 10 classes!
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN AERIAL STYLES?
Aerial programs are sprouting up all over the country and for good reasons.
- There are different styles of aerial programs.
- Aerial "swing" yoga uses a hammock style swing, foot stirrups and hand-hold attachments.
- Aerial "silks" typically use longer fabric, may be called aerial arts or are more acrobatic and usually do not use hand or foot stirrups.
- Aerial Yoga Therapy uses traditional yoga poses with a restorative, therapeutic approach.
- Some programs use trapeze bars and/or rings.
- We will be doing a blend of these programs (but, will not have the trapeze or rings at this point).
Aerial programs can:
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
- Increase range of motion and flexibility of muscle and fascia
- Reduce back and neck pain
- Improve energy, proprioception, digestion, elimination & circulation
- Help with stress management
- Encourage creativity, self-confidence, mindfulness and release endorphins
- Have great anti-aging benefits - less tension, stiffness & cortisol
There are some conditions that are not suitable for these types of classes:
Eye disease, glaucoma, detached retina, uncontrolled high or low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, inner ear problems, recent head injury, sinus issues, recent surgery, hiatal hernia, disc disease or herniation, osteoporosis, recent stroke, congestive heart failure, artificial hips, pregnancy (yoga styles may be appropriate, women may choose to avoid inversions), obesity (our swings have a weight limit of 275 pounds).
Aerial Policies and Information
- Currently, we only have 6 swings. Early registration is highly recommended. If no one is registered 2 hours prior to class, the instructor will cancel class.
Walk-ins are welcome if space is available.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before class to set up your swing station to allow us to start class on time.
- What to wear: Yoga fit-form long pants (preferably not flared, poly-type as they make it harder to stay in the swing). Long sleeve shirt (to cover the armpits).
- No zippers or other metal on clothing (it can tear the swings).
- No jewelry: Please leave your valuables at home including rings, toe rings, bracelets, necklaces and long earrings.
- We recommend short fingernails (it's harder to grab the swing with long nails and it changes the biomechanics of the fingers, wrists and shoulders; they can puncture the swings).
- Please do not put on lotion or oil within 12 hours of class as it is harder to have a safe grip and it can ruin the swings.
- Don't eat too close to class time (preferably at least 2 hours).
You can sign
up for a day and time for 8 weeks to save your spot permanently. This will be your spot for infinity as long as sessions are paid for in advance. This will help the instructor tailor the classes to our students. If
space is available, you can drop in to class any time. We require an 8-hour minimum notice to get a credit back in your account to move to another class time/day.
^^schedule may change....call studio for more info
We will add more classes depending on registrations, requests & availability
Buy One Get One Free
$30 for two classes
1 Class/Week (8)
$350 ($50 off)
2 Classes/Week (16)
$550 ($50 off)
$1700 ($100 off)
3 Classes/Week (24)
$850 ($50 off)
$2500 ($200 off)
Check at the studio for info
New Client Intake Forms
Please complete and bring the following TWO forms to your first aerial class. Note the contraindications on the form. If you have any of the specific issues noted on the form, you cannot take aerial classes at this time.
your safety, if any of the ParQ answers are YES, we require you see your physician before attending class and
have her sign the waiver form below. Thank you for your assistance.